Michigan DUI Penalties
Waterford DUI Attorney
Have you been arrested for OWI (operating while intoxicated) in Waterford? Your driver’s license may be suspended, and you may be at risk of facing jail time and heavy fines, not to mention increased insurance costs and other penalties. You need to act to protect your future with a Waterford DUI attorney who has the resources and knowledge to build an intelligent defense against your charges. This may include challenging the manner of your arrest, field sobriety testing, how the breath test was administered, and even the circumstances surrounding the initial police stop.
We leave no stone unturned in our DUI defense counsel. Call (248) 291-3368 to discuss your case and how you can avoid serious penalties.
First DUI Offense (Misdemeanor):
- Up to 93 days in jail;
- A fine of $100 to $500;
- 30-day driver’s license suspension; and
- Up to 360 hours of community service.
Second DUI Offense (Misdemeanor):
- Minimum of 5 days up to 1 year in jail;
- A fine of $200 to $1,000;
- Lifetime driver’s license suspension; and
- 30 to 90 days of community service.
Third DUI Offense (Felony):
- Imprisonment for a minimum of 1 year up to 5 years; or
- Probation with imprisonment in county jail for 30 days to 1 year and community service for 60-180 days; and
- A fine of $500 to $5,000.
DUI Causing Serious Injury or Death (Felony):
- Up to 15 years in prison; and
- A fine of up to $15,000.
In addition to the penalties listed above, a driver may also face such penalties as: points on his or her driver’s license, a “Driver Responsibility Fee” of $1,000 per year for 2 years, and probation with drug and alcohol monitoring.
Talk to a competent Waterford DUI lawyer who can help you avoid these serious penalties. Call (248) 291-3368 today!